Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blog a day for a week

My friend, Allegra, (at currentconductor.blogspot.com) and I realized that we would like to update our blogs more often, so we agreed to write a blog a day for a week.

My news for the day is that my mom has decided that her way of helping me feel better and gain more self-confidence, etc. is to bankroll a make-over for me: hair, make-up, some clothing and shoes! Kind of exciting, right!? Yes, and a little bit frightening. I have resisted make-up and doing anything more than a trim at Supercuts forever. And I've finally been feeling well enough to focus on changing my lifestyle to include better nutrition, exercise nearly every day and regular sleep. It's a lot of work, and finding a hair stylist, etc. will require more time, energy and effort.

I have to admit that my mom did a very good job of presenting a topic that she knows I've resisted. She did research on a new hair dryer, found a brand of shoes that I can actually wear with my orthodics and everything and then sent me a book that we looked over together during a long phone conversation. She even told me before hand to have my teddy bear (she sent it as a hug in her stead, since she's 3,000 miles away) with me. And she told me that she doesn't want this to be a financial burden, so she will treat. Wow!

I found a website where I can download a picture of myself and "try on" hundreds of hair styles (including dreds and brigt purple spikes!-- not my style, but cool to play with). Today, I found three pairs of Sketchers that can replace the black sneakers I've been wearing day in and day out for the past few years! It was pretty exciting. After being dissatisfied with myself and my body practically since kindergarten, making myself over just might improve my self-image and also help ward off depression. I think that that's my mom's hope.

I'll give it a try. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Christianne,

I am sorry that more of us (myself included) have not been there for you when you needed us most. Remember that even in the absence of communication, I think of you often, and that you are not alone. I find your blog entries beautiful and honest, just as you are, and that you are able to put into words feelings that many of us experience but cannot express as eloquently.

Please, do not let the wrecking ball tear down the old house; for that house may seem run down to some, but to others, it is a beacon of hope and comfort. And if the trombone is too heavy for you, pick up the trumpet instead. Do not give up now.

We love you, Christianne, and we wish only the best for you.

Hugs,
Your friend

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Christianne,

I am sorry that more of us (myself included) have not been there for you when you needed us most. Remember that even in the absence of communication, I think of you often, and that you are not alone. I find your blog entries beautiful and honest, just as you are, and that you are able to put into words feelings that many of us experience but cannot express as eloquently.

Please, do not let the wrecking ball tear down the old house; for that house may seem run down to some, but to others, it is a beacon of hope and comfort. And if the trombone is too heavy for you, pick up the trumpet instead. Do not give up now.

We love you, Christianne, and we wish only the best for you.

Hugs,
Your friend

3:32 PM  
Blogger Christianne said...

Thank you for commenting!

I really appreciate what you said. And don't worry, even thought the real farm house is being replaced by an "active adult" community, the wrecker ball has gone away. This house is being rebuilt.

8:16 PM  
Blogger CurrentConductor said...

That's a great present! Don't be frightened - I've been being "made over" by friends at Westminster for most of the time I've been there, and I'm pleased with what I'm learning. I actually went shopping today, to get some more professional clothing for upcoming jobs. So in addition to blogging together, we'll be improving our musician-y images together! I would love that website address for the hair styles, if you have it.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home