Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Floating Away

We are positively floating away out here! I told my mom recently, that if this weather pattern keeps up, we're going to need a boat! (Ironically, my grandparents are on a cruise. ;) )
The grass sure is emerald green, though. And the pansies love it. But I'm getting rather sick of it being wet, or threatening to be wet for at least part of every day for the past two weeks or so. And the times that it's not wet it's windy, so it still feels cool, and I still can't paint our house.

That's my new project. I have started, but only because I'm stubbornly looking over the fact that the house should be dry for a few days before painting. But I'm so excited about it! The paint on our house wasn't in the best shape when we moved in. Over the past four years the weather has really effected it, so now it's fading and peeling.

I have attacked the peeling steps first. Hooray for electric sanders! Our front and back steps look much better, though in my enthusiasm to get new color on them I didn't take off quite as much paint as I should. Oh well.

The aluminum siding will be a beautiful, pale yellow called Summer Smile. The shutters, doors and future planter boxes will be a muted green (of course) called Hanging Vine, and then we have a warm beige for the porches and foundation (Mediterranean Mocha). Ooo! I can't wait to see it finished!

Rain, rain go away, so I can paint for many a day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second this entry. We are SICK of this March weather in May.

8:38 PM  
Blogger DenverSop said...

After bouncing back and forth between hot and cold fronts over the weekend, we've had a couple of very warm days now. It's nice to see the sun. I've got the fan out to combat some of the heat - trying to avoid having to use the swamp cooler (have you ever even heard of a swamp cooler out there in humid land?) because as soon as I turn it on, it will cause my piano to go out of tune.

Painting the house can be so exciting. It really makes it look brand new. We painted ours last summer - or rather, we had it painted. Sounds like you picked great colors!

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home