Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday, Monday

I don't have much to say today. It's been kind of a bummer day.

Yesterday evening I put on some shorts that used to be loose and no longer are at all. It was rather upsetting, especially since I've been doing everything right for the past few months. Fie on Zoloft and M&M's months and months and months ago! Everyone says I just have to be patient....

Anyway, I did eventually find something that fit, and we drove out to the shore for supper and a walk on the beach. It was nice. I love the sound, feel and smell of the ocean. It's so awesome and powerful. Mysterious really. We couldn't tell if the tide were still rising or turning. But then along came a wave that caught both of us unaware. We were able to stay standing, but we'll just say underwear got splashed!

The sound of the ocean has always been calming for me. It was so nice to be away from the real world for 30 minutes or so. But then it was time to head back up to the boardwalk to wash up and drive home. As we walked the sound of the waves grew fainter and the sound of the world grew louder. I stopped to catch the last bit of the ocean before continuing onward to the sound of a siren, someone's radio, people laughing as the walked down the boardwalk.

I wished we could have stayed in the ocean world a little longer. Away from clothing sizes, anxieties and world issues. Wouldn't it be nice?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christianne,
I just had a chance to read up on your blog. Way to stick with it despite being busy, tired, etc. I can't even check my e-mail weekly, let alone keep up a blog. Hang in there. Even though our lives are hectic, things have to settle down eventually, right? Or at least maybe we'll be able to handle the chaos a little better as the years go by. I feel bad that we really aren't that far from each other, but we can never seem to get together. Keep the blog going!

8:59 PM  
Blogger DenverSop said...

Ah.... just reading about the ocean on your blog was relaxing for me. And the mental image of you and John being caught unawares by a frisky wave brought a smile to my face. :-)

I'm so glad you're doing this blog a day thing. I was driving home this evening and looking forward to reading the blog entry I knew I would find here.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Christianne said...

Good to hear from you Caroline! Thanks for leaving a comment. I hear that your life is going to get a little more hectic for you in an exciting way! Congratulations! ;)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Christianne said...

denversop, it means so much to me that you look forward to reading my posts! Wow! Maybe I really should keep this up!

I enjoy your posts, too. :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger DenverSop said...

Yes, yes! Please do! :-) Actually, you're the reason I tried to keep up with my own blog this week.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home