Sunday, August 27, 2006

I went shopping today!

Yes, I went shopping and all by myself. It might sound strange to you, but that is actually quite a feat for me! I relied on my own judgment instead of requiring the approval of anyone else.

I went to church this morning (we sang Brahms' "How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place" for the Anthem today! Ah! Bliss!), and then decided to stop by Sears just to see what the clothing selection was like since I'm trying to move out of my frumpy stage, but still have to account for the Zoloft/ M&M's belly. I decided to try on a whole variety of clothes, even some that I wouldn't normally think I'd like-- just to try.

Well... some of the things I thought I'd like, I didn't really. And some of the things I didn't think I'd like surprised me! And, I found to my great pleasure, that I can still fit into size 8 skirts, it's just the shorts and pants that need to be bigger. Sigh of relief!

I walked out with two skirt and blouse sets, an additional top for each skirt, and a beautiful red top, because I can never have too many red tops. :)

I felt slightly guilty spending the money on myself, but so pleased with some more mature, feminine and flattering outfits for the fall!

3 Comments:

Blogger DenverSop said...

Photos!! I want fashion photos! John, go get the camera! :-)

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Christianne!! I just wanted to check in and say that I really enjoy reading your blog! :) Your stories make me smile and remember our days as roomies.

Congrats on the clothes shopping. I, too, find clothe shopping very intimidating. I can never figure out who they use as models, because whenever something fits one part of my body, it doesn't fit the other. Hang in there, though! Hours of shopping can prove fruitful!

Keep up the blogging,
Jacquie :)

12:53 AM  
Blogger CurrentConductor said...

Good for you! I haven't had the guts to go clothes shopping by myself for years. :) And I second the vote for pictures!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home