Monday, September 25, 2006

Requesting prayers

A good friend of mine from grade school moved to South Jersey with her husband and daughter two years ago. Last Friday the 15th she gave birth to her second daughter. All went well, but within a week my friend was in the ICU with a staph infection that reached her heart causing endocarditis (inflimation of the aortic valve in her heart).

She is out of critical condition now, but still very sick, tired and in pain. Thanfully, several members of her husband's family live in the area, so they are available for support and to take care of the children.

My husband and I visited her yesterday. It makes me so sad to see her this way. It's simply not fair. She was unable to see her newborn for 5 days and was only able to see her children briefly this weekend! I can't even imagine how heartbreaking (pun not intended) that must be.

She will recover, but it will be a long process.

I know that most of you don't know her, but if you could say a little prayer for her and her family that would be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home