Saturday, September 23, 2006

The season is changing

The school buses are running, the sun sets before supper; today I noticed leaves strewn on our lawn...

We are working to reseed part of our lawn and plant bulbs before it gets too late; neighbors, too, finish gardening business to prepare for the first frost; soon will come the time to clean-up the lawn mower so it can rest for the long months of winter...

In the summer we keep only a sheet on our bed, but last night we pulled out the blanket; it's getting more difficult to get up at 7am to take our morning walk because the air outside of bed is so cool; sometimes the sun still hasn't quite burned through a thin veil of fog as we step out to walk, but soon it will rise to warm the air, as long as clouds don't over take it...

Dew still drapes over my car when I head to work; I shiver from the blast of air conditioning and quickly switch to heat, which is utterly unnecessary on the way home...

it's not quite time to turn on the heat, but the air conditioning hasn't been on much lately either; our cats are already acquiring thicker coats; it's not quite time for us to "change out the clothes", but give it a few more weeks...

Although I do not relish shorter days, I do look forward to the trees dawning their fall colors, a change of wardrobe myself, pumpkin bisque and cozy blankets...

The season is changing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of my observant sister! Happy Fall ;)

11:47 PM  
Blogger DenverSop said...

Ah.... I had to change out the clothes yesterday. Of course, I always keep an adequate supply of "out-of-season" clothes handy since we sometimes get 70 degree days in January and snow in July. This is Colorado, after all!

Where do I sign up for some of that pumpkin bisque?

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home